During the month of September, the Takoma Park Friends Meeting-Preparative (TPFM-P) will meet at an alternate location on a trial basis. Rather than gathering at the Dance Exchange on September 1, 15, and 22, we will meet in the library at the Takoma Park Presbyterian Church (TPPC). Located at 310 Tulip Avenue in Takoma Park, at the corner of Maple and Tulip, the TPPC is a short distance (about 500 feet away) from the Dance Exchange.
The following is important information about the alternate location trial.
– The TPFM-P sandwich board will be set up outside the preferred entrance, which is on Maple Avenue, and our small metal sign will be displayed outside of the library, which is down the hallway accessed from that entrance and on the left.
– Our Meeting for Worship will begin at 11 am, as usual, on each of the three Sundays we meet in the TPPC library.
– Activities that typically follow the rise of our Meeting for Worship also will take place in the TPPC library. This includes Light Refreshment on the first Sunday (09/01), a Second Hour program on the third Sunday (09/15), and our monthly Meeting for Worship for the Conduct of Business on the fourth Sunday (09/22). Among the agenda items at next month’s business meeting will be consideration of whether to meet at the TPPC on a longer-term basis.
– On the second Sunday (09/08), we will enjoy “Meeting for Outreach” at our table at the Takoma Park Folk Festival. (Please watch for an announcement about TPFM-P’s table assignment and other festival information to follow soon in a separate message.) We will not gather for Meeting for Worship at the Dance Exchange or the TPPC on that day.
– On the fifth Sunday (09/29), we will return the Dance Exchange both for our weekly Meeting for Worship, which will begin at 11 am, and for a Second Hour program, which will follow the rise of Meeting for Worship.
Please note that TPFM-P and TPPC worship services begin at the same time. As a courtesy, those who drive to the TPPC to attend TPFM-P Meeting for Worship or other programs are asked to leave the closest street spaces available for church parishioners. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Lastly, you are encouraged to participate in the next month’s alternate location trial and invited to share your feedback on the experience.
Looking forward to your joining us,